Are you expecting a baby? This phase can be so exciting, you get to shop really cute items your coming baby will need. To be fair with you, you don’t need to buy everything, there are some items that you “can have” and “must have”. Also remember that babies grow very quickly, you have to buy items at all stages of their growth.
Babymigo has put together a comprehensive shopping list that contains all you need to get for your new baby! Share this list with other moms expecting babies as well.
Baby and new mother supplies
Clothing for Baby
Newborns love comfort, they spend over 18 hours resting and eating. Try to also buy items that are 100% cotton.
- 1 – 2 sweaters
- 3 – 6 pairs of socks
- 6 – 8 Long sleeved onesies /sleepsuits – do not buy too many of one size as babies grow very quickly!
- 6 – 8 Short sleeve bodysuits
- Several burp cloths
Remember that your baby skin is delicate, for babies, we totally do now agree that you use harsh products. Shampoos, bath gels, bath soap, and body lotions must be chosen carefully. Trim their nails too! We don’t want your baby scratching his/her cute little cheeks.
- Baby bath
- Baby bath soap/shampoo
- Baby changing mat
- Baby moisturiser
- Baby wipes
- Car seat
- Cleaner for bottle
- Cotton wool
- Diaper cream
- Feeding bottles (different sizes are recommended) and extra teats
- Lots of bibs (the wipe able ones are better)
- Nail cutter/baby scissors/soft nail enamel file
- Nappies (they grow out of the newborn sizes quickly so don’t stock too many)
- Soft hairbrush and comb
More items on Grooming and Play
- Changing table
- Crib mobile
- Fitted sheets (pillows are dangerous for babies)
- Mosquito net
- Breast pump and storage bags
- Nursing bra
- Nursing pads
- Nipple cream
- Loose shirts/button down for easy feeding
Feel free to message us here at Babymigo if you need any of these items.