These medications must be totally avoided in pregnancy.
1. Ibuprofen: it affects the baby’s circulation and kidney.
2. Misoprostol: can cause miscarriage.
3. Mifepristone and Methotrexate: Can cause immediate miscarriage or fetal defect.
4. Benzodiazepines: Can cause cleft lip or cleft palate.
5. Avoid thalidomide, isotretinoin, tetracycline, sulfonamides, lithium, fluconazole must be avoided.
Join the discussion
- Registering is free and very quick
- Consult paediatricians, Gynaecologists, Lactation experts etc for free
- Get discounts, win prizes and lots more.
Thank you for sharing this
Thanks for sharing. I always advise moms not to self medicate unless it is prescribed by their doctor. Pregnancy is such a delicate period and for the safety of mom and the baby, always seek clarity from your health professional