Lagos State University Teaching HospitalIkeja, Lagos
The Lagos State University Teaching Hospital Ikeja emerged from a modest cottage hospital which was established 25th of June, 1955 by the old Western Regional government to provide health care services for the people of Ikeja and its environment.
The cottage hospital later metamorphosed into a full-fledged general hospital which served as a secondary level healthcare facility.
The need for a tertiary health care facility for the training of doctors and other allied health care professionals to provide high-quality clinical services led to its upgrade from a general hospital to a modern, well-equipped center of excellence armed with the state of art equipment teaching hospital.
The Lagos State Government formally converted the Ikeja General Hospital to the Lagos State Univesity Teaching Hospital in July 2001.
Despite LASUTH’s relatively young age as a Teaching Hospital, evidence abounds that it is one of the foremost teaching hospitals in West Africa in terms of the high-quality services rendered by highly skilled professionals using state-of-the-art equipment.