It's already a known fact that breastfeeding is the healthiest way to feed your baby and it comes with lots of benefits to the baby. However, unknown to many mothers, it is important for mothers to know that there are benefits for them when the breastfeed your baby.
- Hormones released when you breastfeed your baby helps your uterus contract and shrink back to normal.
- Oxytocin, a natural hormone released during breastfeeding helps you feel relaxed.
- Breastfeeding increases bond with your baby.
- Women who breastfeed their babies are less likely to have breast cancer and osteoporosis (a medical condition in which the bones become brittle and fragile from the loss of tissue).
- Breastfeeding is a natural form of birth control (Lactational amenorrhea).