Being a mum and having to manage a career with the home is very stressful, however, it can be managed well in other to avoid being exhausted that could further cause a deviation in the normal state of health. A woman is created to wear different caps at the same time; Wife, Mum, Daughter, Daughter-in-law, Employee or an Employer etc and these various roles can be effectively managed without one interfering in the other. The key is to focus on a plan, get organized, and find the right balance.
The following tips will help you balance out your life as a mum and homemaker.
- Set Goals: this is very key to having a balanced less stressful life. Your goals should be SMART (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, Timebound). Remember the old popular adage which says "When you fail to plan, then you plan to fail". You can start by writing out your weekly or daily to-do list. This way you don’t forget to carry out any of your tasks.
- Take a break: when you have adequate and enough rest then the body will be energized and restored to continue the daily usual hustling and bustling. Take a nap for some minutes where it is possible, find a quiet place where you can take a deep breath of fresh air. Lack of adequate rest results in stress which reduces the immune system; make you susceptible to diseases and infections, then a visit to the doctor where you will be "forced" to rest on the hospital bed.
- Pay for services: it is advisable you let your money work for you and the other way round. There are lots of online vendors who can assist with shopping for groceries while some can assist with the cooking and then do a delivery (depends on what you want). Also, you do not have to do your house chores all by yourself. Teach your children to assist with minor chores depending on their age (it gives a good feeling and makes them feel responsible) or pay for someone who can come over to do the chores. If you have customers for specific foodstuffs at the market, you can as well get their contacts, liaise with them on how to do a delivery of their services at your convenience.
- Buy in bulk: This saves you cost ahead of when things become expensive and also saves you time.
- Do meal prep: have different soups, stews, ready-made foods preserved for the week. Having a food timetable will be an added advantage.
- Reminisce: on your career and have a vision of where you want to be. Create time for personal development. You must create time for yourself as well.
Many women nag and are depressed because they haven’t mastered the art of balancing out their different tasks. However difficult, you can balance out your life as a mother and wife this will require proper planning. You will also need to learn how to delegate the less important things and focus on putting in effort in the things that matter.